Executive Assistant to the Co-Founders and Office Manager
Back to the Roots is working towards re-defining the future of food — one where we Undo Food™ all the way back to its simplest ingredients and least processed versions. How do we create and promote food that is made in a kitchen, not a lab, and reconnect families back to their food? Our R&D team isn't biochemists and food scientists, it's our grandparents! We think there's a powerful movement that's just starting around simplicity and un-doing. It is our vision that what organic brands were for baby-boomers, radically transparent and simple brands will be for millennials and our kids. Food is the most personal thing there is — it's what we put into our bodies 3x a day — and yet we're so disconnected from it. At Back to the Roots we know what works — simple, real food — and we want to inspire a whole new generation to get excited about it! :)
About the role
We are looking for an all-star Executive Assistant to support and amplify the work of our co-founders and office manager to make Back to the Roots an awesome place to work. In this role, you’ll have massive impact across the company, managing important calendars, tackling strategic projects, supporting our Oakland office, and helping our co-founders more efficiently and thoughtfully connect with key stakeholders like buyers, board members, potential recruits, investors, and Back to the Roots team members. If you are resourceful, driven, and hungry for impact and visibility, then come join our passionate team.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented, proactive, and the ultimate team player willing to take on a variety of exciting and challenging roles.
This position is full-time and located in our Oakland office.
- Perform administrative tasks for the co-founders including: Complex calendar management for a high volume of internal and external meetings, manage travel arrangements, and schedule off-site visits
- Support company wide communications, lead company event-planning and meetings
- Be a leader of Back to the Roots culture
- Support the co-CEO’s with strategic projects
- Manage Oakland office operations, including: planning team-building events, taking care of our amazing workplace, and supporting team members with supply requests
- Plan company events and meetings including: birthday celebrations, holiday party, and company retreat.
- 3-4 Years of Similar Experience maintaining an office environment and assisting executives in activities like engaging with external stakeholders, travel planning and calendar management
- 2+ years in a fast changing context like a startup or technology company
- 2 years office management experince
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience with Google Apps like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Hangouts
- Most importantly, you are passionate about our mission to Undo Food™ and what we’re working on at Back to the Roots!